A breezy morning at Beezley Hills Preserve. My eyes had a work out trying to stay focused on the beautiful wildflowers as they whipped in the wind. It was a very quiet morning hike, had the whole sagebrush hillside to myself except for the one lone coyote that past through at a fast clip. I spent hours just meandering across the hills looking for beauties, there was plenty to see. The cactus are not ready to pop blooms yet, but it wont be long. Love to quietly hike through an area and absorb all the sounds of nature, birds singing, rustling of the dry grass, the wind whistling through the sage. I do spend plenty of time looking over my shoulder, you never know what that sound might be. I think I have a fear that someone might catch me in an odd position as I'm doing my 100th squat of the day to get the not so perfect flower picture. Highly recommend this hike if your a fan of wildflowers, watch for cactus, bring a warm hat and wind breaker. Those hills are breezy and chilly. Good news is some kind souls picked up the 2 miles of trash on the sides of the road that was dumped.
Beautiful big views, abundance of flowers, snow capped mountains all around and singing birds. I love this hike when the flowers are blooming. This is a hike you can do multiple times in the spring and there is always new flowers blooming. The mountain views are incredible, a nice view of the valley floor looking up towards Mazama and back down towards Twisp. So much to see, hear and enjoy. This is the perfect hike for an evening adventure, not to long, a fairly easy hike, the birds are very active and keep you company as you make the loop. These pictures are only from one side of the loop, I ran out of good light to complete it since I stopped for every flower along the way. When the balsam root is blooming it is a beautiful display of golden flowers, intermixed with lupine and larkspur. I have hiked this trail many times over the years and am always amazed by natures incredible beauty. ...
































Comments
Post a Comment