When there's still snow in the mountains and spring is coming alive on the surrounding hills, evening walks are a good way to spend a little time in nature. It's the simple things that help you get through the week, walk off a little stress and just enjoy the beauty of the evening light. This particular evening there wasn't a lot of flowers involved, it was more about catching the evening light moving through the fresh aspen leaves that were whirling in the breeze and lighting up the small flowers that covered the hills. Off in the distance the coyotes howled and played as the sun dipped behind the mountains. Beautiful way to end the day, enjoying the last rays of sunshine and walking the hills I call home.
Beautiful big views, abundance of flowers, snow capped mountains all around and singing birds. I love this hike when the flowers are blooming. This is a hike you can do multiple times in the spring and there is always new flowers blooming. The mountain views are incredible, a nice view of the valley floor looking up towards Mazama and back down towards Twisp. So much to see, hear and enjoy. This is the perfect hike for an evening adventure, not to long, a fairly easy hike, the birds are very active and keep you company as you make the loop. These pictures are only from one side of the loop, I ran out of good light to complete it since I stopped for every flower along the way. When the balsam root is blooming it is a beautiful display of golden flowers, intermixed with lupine and larkspur. I have hiked this trail many times over the years and am always amazed by natures incredible beauty. ...














Comments
Post a Comment