One of my favorite things to do after a days work is take an evening stroll through fields of wildflowers. As the flowers start to bloom I try to spend as much time outside as possible, soaking in all the beautiful wildflowers that grow around us. For some flowers the season is really short and enjoying them in all their splendor requires getting outside a few evenings a week. Spring seems to come and go so swiftly on our dry hills. It's always fun trying to locate new places to explore that have an abundance of wildflowers.
Beautiful big views, abundance of flowers, snow capped mountains all around and singing birds. I love this hike when the flowers are blooming. This is a hike you can do multiple times in the spring and there is always new flowers blooming. The mountain views are incredible, a nice view of the valley floor looking up towards Mazama and back down towards Twisp. So much to see, hear and enjoy. This is the perfect hike for an evening adventure, not to long, a fairly easy hike, the birds are very active and keep you company as you make the loop. These pictures are only from one side of the loop, I ran out of good light to complete it since I stopped for every flower along the way. When the balsam root is blooming it is a beautiful display of golden flowers, intermixed with lupine and larkspur. I have hiked this trail many times over the years and am always amazed by natures incredible beauty. ...












































Comments
Post a Comment