Sometimes an evening ride is more about the flowers than the ride. It is very possible we spent more time off our bikes than on them, but none the less it was all enjoyable. Every now and then you find a spot with great light and beautiful flowers and the bikes get parked, while we wander off into the trees looking for wildflowers. I'll admit since my camera is with me every ride, this happens more often that I like to admit to. Another evening ride on the Sun Mountain Trails, so much beauty to enjoy. This is my go to place when I need a quick get away, the thrill of the hills with the air rushing by, parking the bike and soaking in wildflowers among the ponderosa pines.
Beautiful big views, abundance of flowers, snow capped mountains all around and singing birds. I love this hike when the flowers are blooming. This is a hike you can do multiple times in the spring and there is always new flowers blooming. The mountain views are incredible, a nice view of the valley floor looking up towards Mazama and back down towards Twisp. So much to see, hear and enjoy. This is the perfect hike for an evening adventure, not to long, a fairly easy hike, the birds are very active and keep you company as you make the loop. These pictures are only from one side of the loop, I ran out of good light to complete it since I stopped for every flower along the way. When the balsam root is blooming it is a beautiful display of golden flowers, intermixed with lupine and larkspur. I have hiked this trail many times over the years and am always amazed by natures incredible beauty. ...





































Comments
Post a Comment