I have been slowly working through old pictures on my hard drive....trying to clear up space and complete some hiking trips that I took this last year....I came across this set of pictures I took of our drive back from the Cascade Pass Trail....The smoke from the fires around Wenatchee, Pateros's Billygoat Mountain and the Methow area were really starting to push up into the North Cascades....One of the great things about the drive through the North Cascades is it seems like at every corner and turn in the road you have views of mountains...the views from the road alone are very spectacular....makes for an enjoyable journey home even if its a long day....It's hard to explain the thrill and fascination I have with the North Cascades....each time we travel back and forth from trail head to trail head...each visit is different and beautiful...can't wait to return....I am very envious of folks that ski or even snowmobile this time of year up and down hwy 20....On our way to the Cascade Pass Trail head I noticed that there was a North Cascades National Park visitors center in the Newhalem area...so we made a detour off the road to go and explore and visit it.....I have drove by many times but apparently the scenery is too distracting to see the sign....Lots of information and a sweet little gift area....I will make sure we return to visit with my nieces and newphew when we are back in the area..... Yesterday winter decided to come visit us again....brought a little bit of new snow with it....made things nice and white again...I hear rain is possibly before the weekend...this should make road conditions all kinds of fun....
Beautiful big views, abundance of flowers, snow capped mountains all around and singing birds. I love this hike when the flowers are blooming. This is a hike you can do multiple times in the spring and there is always new flowers blooming. The mountain views are incredible, a nice view of the valley floor looking up towards Mazama and back down towards Twisp. So much to see, hear and enjoy. This is the perfect hike for an evening adventure, not to long, a fairly easy hike, the birds are very active and keep you company as you make the loop. These pictures are only from one side of the loop, I ran out of good light to complete it since I stopped for every flower along the way. When the balsam root is blooming it is a beautiful display of golden flowers, intermixed with lupine and larkspur. I have hiked this trail many times over the years and am always amazed by natures incredible beauty. ...
































Comments
Post a Comment