Stayed close to home this last weekend.....brrrr....it was a chilly weekend....wasn't too fond of the thought of freezing to death while trying to have fun....spent time close to the fire and messed around with photos....photos are a on going never ending project.....The last few days with the cold weather we have had beautiful blue sky's....not to bad if it's in the 20's but when the temperature starts dropping down into the teen's it gets just a tiny bit miserable....During the week every now and then I get to run away from my desk and take pictures for a few minutes....between phone calls.....Lake Chelan is a beautiful place....lovely mountain back drop with a big blue lake....It's nice to get out and enjoy the scenery for a few minutes during the day....winter can drag on....if you sit behind a desk all day...with out a view of the blue sky's during the day....I am ready to venture back out into the snow...just hope the weather gets just a tiny bit warmer before our next trip out.....checking out different trail options for snowshoeing....
Beautiful big views, abundance of flowers, snow capped mountains all around and singing birds. I love this hike when the flowers are blooming. This is a hike you can do multiple times in the spring and there is always new flowers blooming. The mountain views are incredible, a nice view of the valley floor looking up towards Mazama and back down towards Twisp. So much to see, hear and enjoy. This is the perfect hike for an evening adventure, not to long, a fairly easy hike, the birds are very active and keep you company as you make the loop. These pictures are only from one side of the loop, I ran out of good light to complete it since I stopped for every flower along the way. When the balsam root is blooming it is a beautiful display of golden flowers, intermixed with lupine and larkspur. I have hiked this trail many times over the years and am always amazed by natures incredible beauty. ...












Comments
Post a Comment