I am just a tad bit weary of the cold....I think I have the cooped up winter blues....after cracking and busting up ice for days on end for animals...the beauty and joy of winter tends to slowly disappear....a little bit of fresh snow and temperatures above 20 would help I am sure...this cold...frosted tree stuff is getting old....I was able the other day to slip away early to catch a ball game and on my journey home capture some pictures with color.....The light was fading fast and I haven't managed to figure out how to take the best pictures with low light or at night......nothing wrong with a little bit of grain and texture in life....I have been trying to catch up on my back log of photos.... revisiting trail through pictures....Man that can be tough this time of year....seeing all the beautiful green trees...flowers and views.....slowing making some progress one trail at a time....I do know that Cascade Pass and the Sahale Arm trail is a place I will be putting on my list this year....maybe a spring and a fall visit this year.....what a beautiful hike....Reality is calling....folks are cold today and furnaces have decided to stop working...so I've got to get my service techs moving on this lovely cold day.....
Beautiful big views, abundance of flowers, snow capped mountains all around and singing birds. I love this hike when the flowers are blooming. This is a hike you can do multiple times in the spring and there is always new flowers blooming. The mountain views are incredible, a nice view of the valley floor looking up towards Mazama and back down towards Twisp. So much to see, hear and enjoy. This is the perfect hike for an evening adventure, not to long, a fairly easy hike, the birds are very active and keep you company as you make the loop. These pictures are only from one side of the loop, I ran out of good light to complete it since I stopped for every flower along the way. When the balsam root is blooming it is a beautiful display of golden flowers, intermixed with lupine and larkspur. I have hiked this trail many times over the years and am always amazed by natures incredible beauty. ...





















Comments
Post a Comment