The chaos and troubles of life can sometimes be a little overwhelming. Taking the time and using our opportunities to get outside and enjoy some fresh mountain air, jaw dropping views and admiring all that nature has to offer is to good to pass up in this crazy world. Walking up on the view that this trail had to share was just stunning. As you crest the hill and the mountains slowly (I'm a slow hiker) come into view I just stood in amazement. Pretty sure I have this same reaction every time. Oh the places we can go, the view we can see, the mountains we can climb, the places our feet can take us. It was a warm day with a slight breeze, birds going about their business filling the air with sweet sounds, the balsam root was in wonderful shape, lots of small wildflowers blooming on the hills. Sometimes it's good to just wander over the hills, no path, just roll with the landscape and enjoy the surroundings as you make your back down to the trail.
Beautiful big views, abundance of flowers, snow capped mountains all around and singing birds. I love this hike when the flowers are blooming. This is a hike you can do multiple times in the spring and there is always new flowers blooming. The mountain views are incredible, a nice view of the valley floor looking up towards Mazama and back down towards Twisp. So much to see, hear and enjoy. This is the perfect hike for an evening adventure, not to long, a fairly easy hike, the birds are very active and keep you company as you make the loop. These pictures are only from one side of the loop, I ran out of good light to complete it since I stopped for every flower along the way. When the balsam root is blooming it is a beautiful display of golden flowers, intermixed with lupine and larkspur. I have hiked this trail many times over the years and am always amazed by natures incredible beauty. ...













































Comments
Post a Comment