Getting out and enjoying a beautiful evening ride. We ventured up to Echo Ridge trails for a evening ride, first time experiencing the trails on a bike. I've hiked and snowshoed, but never pedaled this area. I ride for the pure enjoyment and the free feeling I receive than for exercise. There is such a joy, complete sense of freedom I feel when I ride, it is something that I almost feel addicted to and have a really hard time choosing between hiking or biking. Fat biking in the winter started this craving that now has bled over into spring rides, a few summer evening rides and beautiful fall rides. Most of the time you could call my bike outings a hike-a-bike, since I spend about the same amount of time off my bike taking pictures of nature as I do riding. The Echo Ridge trails were a pleasure to ride, a little bit of everything, wide open spaces and huge views, nice flowing trails where you can pick up speed, places you can ride side by side or single tracks, a few climbs mixed in. We mixed our trail choices up with some easy, and a little bit of the difficult so we could enjoy the views on our way down. The sun was setting beautifully on our way back to the trail head so we took the time to simply enjoy it, look for wildflowers and just absorb the beauty around us. We will return here before the summer heat hits, to enjoy nature and the simple pleasure of pedaling.
Beautiful big views, abundance of flowers, snow capped mountains all around and singing birds. I love this hike when the flowers are blooming. This is a hike you can do multiple times in the spring and there is always new flowers blooming. The mountain views are incredible, a nice view of the valley floor looking up towards Mazama and back down towards Twisp. So much to see, hear and enjoy. This is the perfect hike for an evening adventure, not to long, a fairly easy hike, the birds are very active and keep you company as you make the loop. These pictures are only from one side of the loop, I ran out of good light to complete it since I stopped for every flower along the way. When the balsam root is blooming it is a beautiful display of golden flowers, intermixed with lupine and larkspur. I have hiked this trail many times over the years and am always amazed by natures incredible beauty. ...


























Comments
Post a Comment